Freight forwarding service
Freight escorting- is a key to freight safety!
Securing the oversize cargo safety during transportation is the liability of the transportation company, executing the order.
According to the new regulation for passengers conveyance and freight transportation, adopted by the Order № 7 of Transport Ministry dated January 15th 2014, for oversize cargo or (and) heavy weight cargo transportation, and informing other road users about the freight dimensions, “obligatory terms of applying pilot vehicles” were introduced.
It is better to trust this function to specialized transportation company, which has an experienced in executing special documentation, in developing the route and oversize cargo transportation.
Correctly made-up operation secures not only the freight transportation safety, but the safety for all traffic participants and road infrastructure as well.
Professionals will make up the necessary route, considering the territory of oversize cargo carriage, peculiarities of the freight itself and its specific character.
The made up route will require all safety rules, experienced drivers know potentially dangerous road points (tunnels, bridges, multi-level road junctions, and high-voltage power lines).
Experienced vehicle drivers are real professionals in their sphere, with special training, with excellent knowledge of transport traffic route executing freight transportation; moreover they are able to solve a
ll the problems, occurring during freight escorting.
A time, spent at freight escorting will be also considered at route specification. Depending on freight dimensions, specialist estimate the amount of vehicles needed for freight escorting.
1. For securing the safety during oversize or / and heavy weight cargo transportation and informing other road traffic participants on freight dimensions it is obligatory to apply pilot vehicle service.
2. Pilot vehicle should follow next traffic rules:
-behind the vehicle with the display board (light-reflecting or with a translucent lighting), facing backwards. Using pilot vehicle behind the carrier vehicle is necessary in cases with the overhang of the freight over 4 m, regardless of the rest parameters of the carrier vehicle with the freight. - Pilot vehicle should ride before carrier vehicle at a safe distance (considering the moving velocity), left-hand from the carrier vehicle, without overtaking the carrier vehicle with the oversize or heavy weight freight, in a way pilot vehicle base width to step forth the base width of carrier vehicle, with a display board, facing forward; with unfolded height determining device for man-made structures and other engineering services with the vehicle height with or without freight over 4,5 m;
3. Pilot vehicle should:
- have light-reflecting yellow-orange stripes;
- to be supplied with two yellow or orange light flashers (it is allowed to use a flasher with both kinds of light in one envelope);
- with information display board of yellow color with dimensions 1x1x0,5 m with the text “LONG VEHICLE” , “LARGE WIDTH”, made of yellow light-reflecting film with the type size 14 cm;
- with the height determining device for man-made structures and other engineering services.
The flash light should be installed at or above the car’s roof. The installation ways should secure the mount reliability at any motion mode or slowdown.
4. Light-reflecting or with a translucent lighting information display with
should be installed at or above the vehicle roof, behind the flash light, and to be used as additional information facility for traffic participants about vehicle parameters:
- in case of vehicle width with an oversize cargo over 3,5 m - “LARGE WIDTH” ;
- in case of vehicle length with an oversize cargo over 25 m and simultaneous width over 3,5 m “LONG VEHICLE”
- in case of vehicle width with an oversize cargo over 3,5 m and simultaneous length over 25 m pilot vehicles, should have a signs “LARGE LENGHT” for the pilot car moving before the carrier vehicle and “LARGE LENGTH” for the pilot car, moving behind the carrier vehicle.